What is Printer and its kinds?
Here Information help up to understand about What is Printer and what are the kinds of Printer in detailed.
What is Printer and its Kinds?
There are three kinds of printers:
- Dot Matrix printer
- Inkjet printer and
- Laser printer.
- Dot-matrix printers (impact printer)
- Uses metal pins to strike an inked ribbon to make dots on a piece of paper.
- Can see the dots that make up the letters of images.
- Lowest print quality of all of the printers.
- Very low in cost per page to use.
- Rarely used today because of the poor print quality, but still used in business to print multi-part forms.
- Ink jet printers (non-impact printer)
- Use drops of magnetic ink to produce dots on a page to produce text or images.
- Problems with the ink : (i) The ink is very expensive. (ii) The ink is water soluble and will run if the paper gets wet.
- Highest cost per page of all the printers.
- For producing color documents, it has the highest quality at a reasonable price.
- Laser printers (non-impact printer)
- How the laser printer produces an image: (i) A laser or LEDs make dots on a light sensitive drum. (ii) Toner (very tiny particles of plastic) stick to the drum where the dots where made. (iii) Paper is pressed against the drum and the toner is placed on the paper. (iv) The paper is heated and the toner melts into the paper.
- Produces the highest quality printout.
- For black and white printouts, very low cost per page.
Computer Output devices- Printers.
Tech writer at NewsandStory
Total 2674 views