Introduction to the world of programming in C (module 1).
In this article we will discuss about the introduction and some of the facts of C programming language.
Introduction to 'C' language :-
C language facilitates a very efficient approach to the development and implementation of computer programs.
C is a general purpose, high level language that was originally developed by DENNIS M. RITCHIE to develop the UNIX operating system at bell labs. C was Originally first implemented on DEC PDP-11 computer in 1972.
In 1978, Brian kernighan and dennis ritche produced the first publicity available descriptions of C, now known as the K &R standard.
The UNIX operating system, the C compiler, and essentially all UNIX applications programs have been written in C. The C has now become a wide used professional language for various reasons.
1.Easy to learn.
3.It provides efficient programs
4. It can handle low level activities
5. It can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms.
Facts of C language :-
- C was invented to write operating system called UNIX.
- C is a successor of B language which was introduced around 1970.
- The language was formalized in 1988 by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI).
- The UNIX OS was totally written in C by 1973.
- Today C is the most widely used and popular system programming language.
- Most of the state of the art softwares have been implemented using C.
- Today's most popular Linux OS and RDBMS MySQL have been written in C.
Total 1312 views