"How to Delete Gmail Account Permanently?"
Here are the steps that help you to delete Gmail Account.
To cancel a Gmail account and delete the associated Gmail address:
1. Go to Google Account settings.
2. Select Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
3. Click Delete Products.
- Note: You can also choose Delete Google Account and Data to remove your entire Google Account (including your search history, Google Docs, AdWords and AdSense as well as other Google services).
5. Type the password to the account over Enter your password.
6. Click Next.
7. Click the trashcan icon, next to Gmail.
- Note: Follow the Download Data link for a chance to download a full copy of your Gmail messages via Google takeout.
- Tip: You can also copy your email to another Gmail account, possibly a new Gmail address.
- Note: Gmail may already have entered the secondary address you used when creating the Gmail account. The alternative email address you enter here becomes your new Google account username.
- Also important: Make sure you enter an email address to which you have access. You need the email address to complete deleting your Gmail account.
10. Open the email from Google ([email protected]) with the subject "Security alert for your linked Google account" or "Gmail Deletion Confirmation."
11. Follow the deletion link in the message.
12. If prompted, log into the Gmail account you are deleting.
13. Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete [email protected] permanently from my Google Account.
14. Click Delete Gmail.
- Important: You cannot undo this step. After you click this, your Gmail account and messages are gone.
What Happens to Emails in the Deleted Gmail Account?
The messages will be deleted permanently. You can no longer access them in Gmail. If you downloaded a copy, either using Google Takeout or using an email program, you can still use these messages.
Note: If you used IMAP to access Gmail in your email program, only messages copied to local folder will be kept; emails on the server and folders synchronized with the deleted Gmail account will be deleted.
What Happens to Emails Sent to My Deleted Gmail Address?
People who mail your old Gmail address will receive back a delivery failure message. You might want to announce a new or alternate old address to desired contacts. By the way, if you're looking for a new, a secure email service, read Best Services for Secure Email.
Tech writer at NewsandStory
Total 747 views